Regional Artist Fellowships
The Regional Artist Fellowships of $50,000 support up to four outstanding, established regional WA artists and/or arts workers’ creative activity and professional development for a period of up to two years.
The program is intended to support established artists and arts workers who want to undertake a self-directed program that builds their capacity to develop and sustain a creative career in regional Western Australia.
This program is currently closed and will re-open in early 2021.
This may include but is not limited to the creation of new work, collaborations, professional development and training, residencies. All art forms are eligible including but not limited to visual arts, theatre, dance, writing, music, film, new media and cultural projects.
Please read through the grant guidelines document linked below. If you need assistance with your application, contact a Regional Arts WA Project Officer now.
- Closed: Re-opening early 2021
An applicant should:
- Be an established individual artist or arts worker
- Reside in Regional WA as determined by Regional Development Commission boundaries
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or nominate an accountable auspice body that has an ABN registered in Regional WA
An applicant may also nominate a not-for-profit organisation or Local Government Authority as an auspice to accept legal and financial responsibility for the applicant’s grant.
Auspice organisations are required to be based and registered in regional WA.
How to apply
When you have your project idea the next step is:
- Read the Artist Fellowship Guidelines (under Links and Downloads below) to check eligibility and grant criteria.
- Make contact with the Regional Arts WA Project Officer, Fleur Hardy via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), on 1800 811 883 (regional freecall) or 08 9200 6207 to let us know you are planning to apply and the project activities you are planning
- Start your application online through Smartygrants
- Download and email your drafted application to the Regional Arts WA Project Officer for review before you submit your final application
Links and downloads
- Regional Artist Fellowship Guidelines (Available early 2021)
- Budget template – example (coming soon)
- Logos and acknowledgements (for successful applicants) (coming soon)
About the Assessment Panel
This program is peer-assessed by an external panel. The Panel is made up of members from across the state and provides diverse coverage of Western Australian arts. You can see the full list of assessors here.
Regional Artist Fellowships are provided through the Regional Arts and Culture Investment Program with support of the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, with Royalties for Regions funding from the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development.
The purpose of the program is creating jobs, economic development, tourism and improving social cohesion by supporting the creative and cultural industries in regional Western Australia. Through strategic investments, the program aims to build capacity in the regions and contribute to liveability and vibrancy of regional communities.