RAF Project Fund
The Regional Arts Fund (RAF) Project Fund is designed to benefit regional and remote artists, arts workers, audiences and communities by supporting and promoting participation in, and access to, art and culture.
The Regional Arts Fund is an Australian Government initiative supporting the arts in regional and remote Australia.
Project Fund applications have closed for 2019.
Funding can cover artist, arts worker and cultural adviser fees, travel, accommodation, materials, venue, equipment hire and insurance. Activity in all art forms including visual arts, theatre, dance, creative writing, music, multi-media and cultural projects including recording and preservation of language & stories are eligible.
Is this grant right for you?
- Do you have a great arts idea?
- Are you a regional Western Australian artist, not-for-profit organisation, community group, or local government?
- Will your project develop audiences and broaden community engagement in the arts?
- Will your project encourage and support sustainable economic, social and cultural development in regional communities?
- Will your project increase employment opportunities for, and raise of the profile of, regional artists and/or communities?
The RAF Project Fund offers two funding categories:
- Individual – Up to $15,000. This is available to individual artists or arts workers from regional and remote Western Australia.
- Community – Up to $30,000. This is available to not-for-profit organisations or local governments from regional and remote Western Australia.
If you would like to receive further information or wish to receive assistance in the application process, please contact Project Officer Fleur Hardy on 1800 811 883 (regional freecall), 9200 6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Round 2 2019 for projects commencing after 1 January 2020
- Applications have closed
- A draft can be reviewed for feedback if provided at least one week prior to the closing date. Written feedback is provided for one draft per application. Please note that Regional Arts WA and SmartyGrants staff are not available for technical support after 5pm on the closing date.
- Notification: The announcement of funding is made by the Australian Government about four to five months after submissions close. It is a priority for Regional Arts WA to communicate the assessment outcomes to all applicants as soon as they are announced. Successful applicants will be notified by phone. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email and will be given the opportunity to receive feedback.
Links and downloads
Previously funded projects and feedback:
- Grant Recipients and Overall Panel Feedback August 2018
- Grant Recipients and Overall Panel Feedback March 2018
- Grant Recipients and Overall Panel Feedback August 2017
- Grant Recipients and Overall Panel Feedback March 2017
If you were a successful recipient of the RAF Project Fund, acquittals must be completed online via SmartyGrants. Please note: Hardcopy acquittals are no longer accepted.
About the Investment Panel
This funding program is peer-assessed by an external panel. The Investment Panel is made up of members from across the state and provides diverse coverage of Western Australian arts. You can see the full list of assessors here.
The Project Fund is a stream of the Regional Arts Fund, an Australian Government initiative supporting the arts in regional and remote Australia. The Australian Government’s Regional Arts Fund is provided through Regional Arts Australia.